S2 Architecture is currently seeking an experienced Senior Specifier to join our dynamic team in our Calgary or Edmonton Studio.
The successful candidate will be responsible for preparing architectural specifications for various projects types, including front end and technical sections, assist in the preparation of addenda and RFI’s, maintain and update the existing master specification and assist in establishing a budget for the preparation of project specifications. The individual will maintain and update the office product library and maintain a thorough knowledge of new and traditional products. This role will serve as a technical resource to both the Calgary and Edmonton studio by researching and maintaining an awareness of products, industry standards and technologies. The individual will proactively plan and organize specification work flow in within the office conjunction with the Project Managers and will coordinate consultant specifications to ensure project deadlines are met.
Education & Experience
- Registered Specification Writer (RSW)
- Ten or more years of experience as a specifier in the architectural industry
- Advanced knowledge of current CSC MasterFormat
- Advanced understanding of existing building systems and materials
- Advanced understanding of architectural documentation preparation
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on multiple project simultaneously
- Ability to work together in a team environment