S2 Architecture is currently seeking an experienced Intermediate Interior Designer in our Calgary studio.
The intermediate interior designer is involved with multiple projects within the firm and represents the firm with the Client as well as the sub-consultants, contractors and public authorities. The intermediate interior designer role involves programming, design execution and will be responsible for design continuity, advocacy and leadership through all stages of the project.
The successful candidate must be able to lead projects under minimal direction of a Partner-in-Charge or senior staff and will work directly with clients. This individual will possess strong leadership skills and will be experienced in maintaining design timelines and design solutions that are responsive to construction budgets. This position provides support to the senior Project Manager and will contribute to the overall success of the firm.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Interior Design from a CIDA accredited University/College
- Minimum 4 years experience
- Registered Interior Designer or currently enrolled in the internship program
- NCIDQ is an asset
- LEED AP is an asset
- Proficiency with graphics software: AutoCAD, SketchUP and Adobe Design Suite; Revit is an asset
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective leadership and mentoring skills
- Ability to work together in a team environment
- Ability to manage project resources, costs and schedules