S2 Architecture is currently seeking an experienced Energy Modeller to join our dynamic team in our Calgary Studio.
This role will require a strong self-motivated individual who will assist S2 in building and developing an in-house Energy Modelling Department.
The successful candidate will have comprehensive understanding of architectural, mechanical and electrical drawings and will have considerable knowledge of energy efficient building design, extensive simulation software experience, energy management and incentive programs, HVAC and lighting systems as well as an understanding of building envelope systems. This role will require the coordination of building performance projects for efficient and timely delivery and apply engineering judgement to resolve mechanical/energy related problems. The individual will perform whole building energy modeling, daylighting analysis, thermal comfort and ventilation analysis, measurement and verification of projects and/or provide technical oversight as appropriate. The successful candidate will liaise and coordinate directly with clients and/or other disciplines or departments and will assist in the development of companywide tools and resources.
Education & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role; responsibilities commensurate with experience
- LEED GA designation is required, and LEED AP is preferred
- Familiarity with LEED, Built Green, ASHRAE and NECB standards, as well as a broad range of energy modeling applications
- Proficiency in Modelling Software such as IES, Energy Plus, EQuest, etc.
- Strong analytical and modeling skills
- Self-motivated and multi-tasker, excellent time management skills, excellent communication skills (written, oral), and exceptional attention to detail
- Strong consensus building skills and a team approach