S2 Architecture is seeking a professional, Office Administrator, to join our dynamic team in our Calgary studio.
We are looking for an individual with exceptional time management skills with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines, is detail oriented and possesses an intermediate level of administrative experience. Working as an integral part of the S2 Services team, the candidate must have strong communication skills, a positive attitude and a collaborative approach when working with colleagues, consultants and clients.
As part of a multi-disciplinary team, the successful candidate will be the first point of contact for all visitors to the firm, and therefore must be able to demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills. This position is also responsible for various Accounts Payable activities of the firm. Previous experience in Accounting is desirable, however not mandatory. As our firm continues to grow, we are seeking an individual who has the flexibility and adaptability to thrive in changing roles and responsibilities. This position provides the potential to gain experience in a variety of administrative departments for an individual with a strong desire to expand their skills.
Education & Experience
- Minimum of 2 years Administrative experience is preferred.
- Proven ability using Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Work, Excel, Power Point (essential).
- Strong Interpersonal skills and friendly, professional demeanor.
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work together in a team environment
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage the reception desk, including receiving all inbound calls and greeting visitors to the firm.
- Manage office upkeep, including inventory and ordering of supplies, and tidiness of kitchen and board rooms.
- Provide administrative support to firm staff to create meeting minutes, format reports, arrange meetings, print and bind documents and other administrative tasks as required.
- Prepare, receive and distribute all outgoing/incoming mail and couriers.
- Prepare and administer project filing.
- Provide administrative support to other Administrative staff as required (including development of fee letters and firm proposals).
- Administer the Accounts Payable procedures, including maintaining the accounting email inbox, receiving and processing all incoming invoices, data entry, conducting cheque-runs and filing correspondence, under supervision of the Controller.
- Direct liaison with all consultants in regards to invoice and payment queries.
- Receive and input all staff expense claim forms.
- Maintain up-to-date database of invoices.