S2 Architecture is currently seeking a Student Designer in our Calgary studio.
This position recognizes an entry level student designer who provides support to the senior Architect, project manager, or project design lead with the majority of the firm's projects. The junior position is expected to work in collaboration with all project team members and third-party participants.
The successful candidate must be eager to learn and willing to assist in all phases of a project. We are looking for a well-rounded individual to join our team who is highly motivated, creative, and possesses excellent organizational skills, performing a variety of functions and responsibilities as required. The successful individual will have basic understanding of construction, the Alberta Building Code and City Land Use Bylaws and have good graphic/visualization and hand drawing skills.
Education & Experience
- Currently working on a Degree from an accredited School of Architecture
- Reasonably efficient with graphics software: AutoCAD, SketchUP and Adobe Design Suite; Revit is an asset
- Willingness to learn and ask questions
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment & independently