S2 Architecture is currently seeking a Senior Architect / Designer in our Vancouver studio.
This position recognizes a very high level and experienced Architect/Designer who is directly involved with the Partners and Clients. The senior designer is involved with multiple projects within the firm and represents the firm as lead architect/designer with the Client as well as the sub-consultants, contractors and public authorities. The senior designer role involves programming, design execution and will be responsible for design continuity, advocacy and leadership through all stages of the project. This senior position is expected to work in collaboration with all project team members and third-party participants.
The successful candidate must be able to lead projects under minimal direction of a Partner-in-Charge and will have overall responsibility for project execution and project design quality control. This individual will coordinate, delegate and lead project architectural design, will maintain design timelines and be responsible for design solutions that are responsive to construction budgets. This individual will be counsel, mentor and support other design team members concerning their work, progress and company policy.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Architecture from accredited University
- Minimum 8 years’ experience
- Registered Architect or currently enrolled in the internship program
- LEED AP is an asset
- Proficiency with graphics software: Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUP and Adobe Design Suite
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective leadership and mentoring skills
- Ability to work together in a team environment
- Ability to manage project resources, costs and schedules