S2 Architecture is currently seeking an Intermediate Architect / Designer in our Vancouver studio.
The successful candidate will have experience in planning and all phases of architectural design, have previous Canadian or North American experience in architectural design and knowledge and practice in a variety of building types and construction methods. This role calls for a critical thinker who is detail orientated, possesses strong creative design skills and contributes to the design process. This individual will push the boundaries of conventional design with a keen understanding of the needs of the client and end user.
The successful candidate must be able to lead projects with minimal direction from a Partner-in-Charge or senior staff and work directly with clients. This individual will possess strong leadership skills and will be experienced in establishing scope and directing work of architects/designers and technical staff on multiple projects. This position provides support to the senior Project Manager/Project Architect and will contribute to the overall success of the firm.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Architecture from accredited University
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Registered Architect or currently enrolled in the internship program
- LEED AP is an asset
- Proficiency with graphics software: Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUP and Adobe Design Suite
- Experience in the preparation and coordination of Development Permit Documents
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective leadership and mentoring skills
- Ability to work together in a team environment
- Ability to manage project resources, costs and schedules