We believe that buildings and interior spaces affect everything in our lives. They influence our mood and our behaviour, and impact our overall wellbeing. Our people are our biggest asset – and it’s about having the right people in place. Are you that person?
Come Shape the World With Us
We believe that work and fun mix well together. Office life shouldn’t be a total grind – after all, if you’re happy, then you’ll be more inspired. When you’re inspired, you’ll be more engaged, motivated and driven.
At S2, you’ll be part of an amazing team of diverse individuals across three studios – Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver. We provide full service architectural, interior design and master planning with an approach of inclusion, respect and collaboration among studios to creating enduring architecture that provides meaningful and moving contributions to the built environment.
Our work spans a broad range of building and project types and the foundation of our success is deeply rooted in the delivery of creative and functional solutions for our clients, our communities and the environment.
If you have a passion for great design, teamwork, superior client service and a little bit of fun, then you may be a great match.
S2 offers the chance to work (and play) in an engaging team environment that supports fine tuning of skill sets and expertise, while being given the opportunity to pursue professional goals. We offer valuable benefits and are committed to providing opportunities, excellent professional and personal benefits.
- Competitive health and dental insurance plan
- Employee life and dependent life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Personal / sick time
- Community involvement
- Learning and development programs
- Flexible work hours / Work from home options
- Continuing education / professional development
- S2 days for time to spend with family
Profit Sharing Program (S2PSP)
The S2PSP is a profit sharing program open to all employees.
Work Hard/Play Hard
Our social committee at S2 is always organizing new events, contests or activities to promote team building. Some past events have included:
- Employee anniversary and milestone celebrations
- Various seasonal holiday contests
- International potluck
- Employee annual golf classic tournament
- Long weekend wine raffle
- Holiday weekend celebration in the mountains
- Oktoberfest beer raffle
- Calgary Corporate Challenge (CCC)
We believe in working together with respect, trust and support for each other.
S2 Architecture is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to the principle and practices of employment equity. We invite all qualified individuals, including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and Aboriginal Peoples to apply for our career opportunities.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Technologist to join our dynamic team in either of our Calgary, Edmonton or Vancouver studios.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and practice in a variety of building construction methods and previous Canadian or North American experience in architectural design. This individual will lead teams of technologists in the production of detailed contract documents (for large and/or technically complex projects), including drawings and specifications, within a team environment. The technologist role focuses on building sciences including design, building/construction codes, coordination and integration of building systems (mechanical, electrical and structural), materials and methods of construction.
The individual will provide expertise in the production of high quality construction documentation and technical innovation, and will fulfill a role that is crucial to the overall success of the firm. This senior role provides leadership and direction to team members to develop in-house expertise and efficiencies of our work. Able to manage time and schedules to meet project deadlines. Self-motivated and able to develop a well-coordinated set of contract documents.
- Proficiency in Revit is required
- Advanced knowledge of Building and Energy Codes
- Strong understanding of construction specifications
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective leadership and mentoring skills
- Ability to work together in a team environment
- Ability to manage project resources, costs and schedules
- LEED AP or LEED project experience is an asset
Education and Experience
- Architectural Technology diploma
- Engineering Design and Drafting diploma and/or Autodesk Revit training certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Post-Secondary Diploma from an accredited school or Architectural Technology Program
- Training in architectural technology, building technical design and construction
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the design/architectural/engineering industry