We believe that buildings and interior spaces affect everything in our lives. They influence our mood and our behaviour, and impact our overall wellbeing. Our people are our biggest asset – and it’s about having the right people in place. Are you that person?
Come shape the world with us
We believe that work and fun mix well together. Office life shouldn’t be a total grind – after all, if you’re happy, then you’ll be more inspired. When you’re inspired, you’ll be more engaged, motivated and driven.
At S2, you’ll be part of an amazing team of diverse individuals across three studios – Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver. We provide full service architectural, interior design and master planning with an approach of inclusion, respect and collaboration among studios to creating enduring architecture that provides meaningful and moving contributions to the built environment.
Our work spans a broad range of building and project types and the foundation of our success is deeply rooted in the delivery of creative and functional solutions for our clients, our communities and the environment.
If you have a passion for great design, teamwork, superior client service and a little bit of fun, then you may be a great match.
S2 offers the chance to work (and play) in an engaging team environment that supports fine tuning of skill sets and expertise, while being given the opportunity to pursue professional goals. We offer valuable benefits and are committed to providing opportunities, excellent professional and personal benefits.
- Competitive health and dental insurance plan
- Employee life and dependent life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Personal / sick time
- Community involvement
- Learning and development programs
- Flexible work hours / Work from home options
- Continuing education / professional development
- S2 days for time to spend with family
Profit Sharing Program
The S2PSP is a profit sharing program open to all employees.
Work Hard and Play Hard
Our social committee at S2 is always organizing new events, contests or activities to promote team building. Some past events have included:
- Employee anniversary and milestone celebrations
- Various seasonal holiday contests
- International potluck
- Employee annual golf classic tournament
- Long weekend wine raffle
- Holiday weekend celebration in the mountains
- Oktoberfest beer raffle
- Corporate Challenges
- Wellness Initiatives
Junior Interior Designer
S2 Architecture is currently seeking an experienced Junior Interior Designer in our Calgary studio.
This position recognizes an entry level interior designer who will provide support and collaborate with team members on a variety of project types, including commercial office, emergency services, sports and recreation, assisted living, etc. The junior position will work in collaboration with all project team members and third-party participants in advancing the project needs as required.
The successful candidate must be eager to learn and willing to assist in all phases of a project, from schematic design and conceptualization to construction documents, specifications and through contract administration. We are looking for a well-rounded junior designer with industry experience to join our team who is highly motivated, creative, and possesses excellent organizational skills, performing a variety of functions and responsibilities as required. The successful candidate should possess a willingness to learn in their role, grow with the team and a curiosity to expand their knowledge base.
Education & Experience
- Degree/Diploma in Interior Design from a CIDA accredited University/College or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-3 years of experience
- Efficient with graphics software: Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUP and Adobe Design Suite
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment & independently
- Thorough understanding and ability to sketch and communicate concepts and ideas to others effectively
- Ability to interpret sketches, drawings, codes, building program and other similar material
- Solid understanding of the relationship between drawings and specifications
- Developing space and block planning, adjacency diagrams/matrix, data sheets, and schematic design in conjunction with client programming
- Evaluating and determining construction assemblies and materials
- Ensuring design intent and integrity are maintained throughout project duration
- Opportunities for design concept and material development
- Organizing and managing the resource library and meeting with sales representatives
- Progressing technical drawings and integrating consultant files
We believe in working together with respect, trust and support for each other.
S2 Architecture is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to the principle and practices of employment equity. We invite all qualified individuals, including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and Aboriginal Peoples to apply for our career opportunities.