We believe that buildings and interior spaces affect everything in our lives. They influence our mood and our behaviour, and impact our overall wellbeing. Our people are our biggest asset – and it’s about having the right people in place. Are you that person?
Come shape the world with us
We believe that work and fun mix well together. Office life shouldn’t be a total grind – after all, if you’re happy, then you’ll be more inspired. When you’re inspired, you’ll be more engaged, motivated and driven.
At S2, you’ll be part of an amazing team of diverse individuals across three studios – Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver. We provide full service architectural, interior design and master planning with an approach of inclusion, respect and collaboration among studios to creating enduring architecture that provides meaningful and moving contributions to the built environment.
Our work spans a broad range of building and project types and the foundation of our success is deeply rooted in the delivery of creative and functional solutions for our clients, our communities and the environment.
If you have a passion for great design, teamwork, superior client service and a little bit of fun, then you may be a great match.
S2 offers the chance to work (and play) in an engaging team environment that supports fine tuning of skill sets and expertise, while being given the opportunity to pursue professional goals. We offer valuable benefits and are committed to providing opportunities, excellent professional and personal benefits.
- Competitive health and dental insurance plan
- Employee life and dependent life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Personal / sick time
- Community involvement
- Learning and development programs
- Flexible work hours / Work from home options
- Continuing education / professional development
- S2 days for time to spend with family
Profit Sharing Program
The S2PSP is a profit sharing program open to all employees.
Work Hard and Play Hard
Our social committee at S2 is always organizing new events, contests or activities to promote team building. Some past events have included:
- Employee anniversary and milestone celebrations
- Various seasonal holiday contests
- International potluck
- Employee annual golf classic tournament
- Long weekend wine raffle
- Holiday weekend celebration in the mountains
- Oktoberfest beer raffle
- Corporate Challenges
- Wellness Initiatives
Intermediate Interior Designer
S2 Architecture is currently seeking an experienced Intermediate Interior Designer in our Calgary studio.
The intermediate interior designer is involved with multiple projects within the firm and represents the firm with the Client as well as the sub-consultants, contractors and public authorities. The intermediate interior designer role involves programming, design execution and will be responsible for design continuity, advocacy and leadership through all stages of the project.
The successful candidate must be able to lead projects under minimal direction of a Partner-in-Charge or senior staff and will work directly with clients. This individual will possess strong leadership skills and will be experienced in maintaining design timelines and design solutions that are responsive to construction budgets. This position provides support to the senior Project Manager and will contribute to the overall success of the firm.
Education & Experience
- Degree/Diploma in Interior Design from a CIDA accredited University/College or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4 - 8 years’ experience
- Licensed Interior Designer or currently enrolled in the internship program
- Registered member of IDA/IDC is an asset
- NCIDQ is an asset
- LEED AP is an asset
- Experience in business development/marketing an asset
- Proficiency with graphics software: Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUP and Adobe Design Suite
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective leadership and mentoring skills
- Ability to work together in a team environment
- Ability to manage project resources, costs and schedules
- Strong/independent ability to interface with clients and consultants
- Knowledgeable in local Building Codes
- Space planning and programming
- Create and deliver design presentations to the client, as well as documentation packages for presentations and contract documents
- Assist and mentor junior designers
- Review documents and drawings for accuracy and design intent
- Assist in the review and preparation of technical specifications
- Additional Responsibilities - Develop and implement design concepts, 3D Modeling, Renderings, Project Research, Materials and Furniture Sourcing, etc.
- Experience in programming, planning principles, materials and furnishings selection
- Experience building, nurturing and fostering client relationships
- Experience with construction administration services
We believe in working together with respect, trust and support for each other.
S2 Architecture is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to the principle and practices of employment equity. We invite all qualified individuals, including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and Aboriginal Peoples to apply for our career opportunities.