We believe that buildings and interior spaces affect everything in our lives. They influence our mood and our behaviour, and impact our overall wellbeing. Our people are our biggest asset – and it’s about having the right people in place. Are you that person?
Come shape the world with us
We believe that work and fun mix well together. Office life shouldn’t be a total grind – after all, if you’re happy, then you’ll be more inspired. When you’re inspired, you’ll be more engaged, motivated and driven.
At S2, you’ll be part of an amazing team of diverse individuals across three studios – Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver. We provide full service architectural, interior design and master planning with an approach of inclusion, respect and collaboration among studios to creating enduring architecture that provides meaningful and moving contributions to the built environment.
Our work spans a broad range of building and project types and the foundation of our success is deeply rooted in the delivery of creative and functional solutions for our clients, our communities and the environment.
If you have a passion for great design, teamwork, superior client service and a little bit of fun, then you may be a great match.
S2 offers the chance to work (and play) in an engaging team environment that supports fine tuning of skill sets and expertise, while being given the opportunity to pursue professional goals. We offer valuable benefits and are committed to providing opportunities, excellent professional and personal benefits.
- Competitive health and dental insurance plan
- Employee life and dependent life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Personal / sick time
- Community involvement
- Learning and development programs
- Flexible work hours / Work from home options
- Continuing education / professional development
- S2 days for time to spend with family
Profit Sharing Program
The S2PSP is a profit sharing program open to all employees.
Work Hard and Play Hard
Our social committee at S2 is always organizing new events, contests or activities to promote team building. Some past events have included:
- Employee anniversary and milestone celebrations
- Various seasonal holiday contests
- International potluck
- Employee annual golf classic tournament
- Long weekend wine raffle
- Holiday weekend celebration in the mountains
- Oktoberfest beer raffle
- Corporate Challenges
- Wellness Initiatives
Architectural Contract Administrator - Intermediate
S2 Architecture is currently seeking an Intermediate Construction Administrator to join our Calgary Studio.
The successful candidate will represent the architect in field activities, including attendance at meetings, performing field reviews, responding to contractor inquiries, review of submittals, issuance of change management documents, communication and coordination with internal and external teams, and interpretation of construction contract documents.
- Related Post-secondary education or a combination of direct construction experience and education may be considered
- Certified Construction Contract Administrator would be an asset
- Membership in a relevant professional association would be an asset
- Personal vehicle & valid driver’s license is required
- 8 + years of progressive experience within an architectural office setting
- Minimum of 5 years in a contract administration role and coordination of multi-disciplinary consulting activities, with regular supervision
- Have basic experience in a Design Build, Construction Management, and Design Bid Build contract environment
Role and Responsibilities
- Perform site reviews to determine compliance with construction contract and relevant building codes
- Prepare reports to document progress, identify deviation from the construction contract
- Laise with owner and contractor to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Coordinate and review shop drawings, schedules, samples, alternate requests, and project change documents to ensure all project documentation is accurate and complete
- Coordinate, evaluate and process payment certifications
- Involvement in Substantial Performance review process, evaluating project completions and processing of final payments
- Coordinate with contractor, sub-consultants or relevant building authorities to address and document issues with constructability or owner concerns
- Prepare and coordinate project change documentation, including sketches and drawings or facilitating preparation of sketches and drawings with internal and/or external teams
- Attend and conduct progress meetings before, during, and after the project to exchange information and resolve issues or concerns with various key stakeholders
- Prepare and issue meeting minutes and track issues for resolution
- Coordinate project close out documents for submission and forwarded to appropriate parties upon completion of the project
- Assist design and technical staff with constructability reviews and provide feedback / mentorship
- Represent the organization and interact in a professional manner with clients, sub-consultants, suppliers, and contractor representatives
- Attend regular internal coordination meetings to report on progress and issues related to assigned projects
- Travel to project locations, as required
Knowledge Core Competencies
- Basic understanding of construction and consulting contracts, including the CCDC-2, CCDC-5, and the RAIC Document Six
- Basic working knowledge of project design process, creative detailing, specifications, and overall building systems
- Basic working knowledge of roles and responsibilities of the various construction and consulting teams and relationships
- Basic knowledge of Building codes and regulatory requirements
- Basic familiarity with site safety procedures including use of travel / fall restraint, and standard hazard assessment
- Maintain familiarity with current building systems and code changes
Technical Core Competencies
- Basic Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit experience is an asset
- Bluebeam REVU is an asset
Employee Core Competencies
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Possess basic interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to modify communication styles to meet the needs of the audience
- Demonstrate flexibility and resourcefulness in fulfilling duties and responsibilities
- Sound judgment, basic analytical and problem-solving abilities
- High level of ethics, professionalism, and commitment to quality
- Travel (land and/or air) may be required
- Overtime may be required
- Employee may be required to spend time accessing various construction sites, including climbing ladders, scaffolding, man lifts, stairs, while maintaining safe work procedures
We believe in working together with respect, trust and support for each other.
S2 Architecture is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to the principle and practices of employment equity. We invite all qualified individuals, including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and Aboriginal Peoples to apply for our career opportunities.