We believe that buildings and interior spaces affect everything in our lives. They influence our mood and our behaviour, and impact our overall wellbeing. Our people are our biggest asset – and it’s about having the right people in place. Are you that person?
Come shape the world with us
We believe that work and fun mix well together. Office life shouldn’t be a total grind – after all, if you’re happy, then you’ll be more inspired. When you’re inspired, you’ll be more engaged, motivated and driven.
At S2, you’ll be part of an amazing team of diverse individuals across three studios – Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver. We provide full service architectural, interior design and master planning with an approach of inclusion, respect and collaboration among studios to creating enduring architecture that provides meaningful and moving contributions to the built environment.
Our work spans a broad range of building and project types and the foundation of our success is deeply rooted in the delivery of creative and functional solutions for our clients, our communities and the environment.
If you have a passion for great design, teamwork, superior client service and a little bit of fun, then you may be a great match.
S2 offers the chance to work (and play) in an engaging team environment that supports fine tuning of skill sets and expertise, while being given the opportunity to pursue professional goals. We offer valuable benefits and are committed to providing opportunities, excellent professional and personal benefits.
- Competitive health and dental insurance plan
- Employee life and dependent life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Personal / sick time
- Community involvement
- Learning and development programs
- Flexible work hours / Work from home options
- Continuing education / professional development
- S2 days for time to spend with family
Profit Sharing Program
The S2PSP is a profit sharing program open to all employees.
Work Hard and Play Hard
Our social committee at S2 is always organizing new events, contests or activities to promote team building. Some past events have included:
- Employee anniversary and milestone celebrations
- Various seasonal holiday contests
- International potluck
- Employee annual golf classic tournament
- Long weekend wine raffle
- Holiday weekend celebration in the mountains
- Oktoberfest beer raffle
- Corporate Challenges
- Wellness Initiatives
Proposal & Marketing Coordinator
S2 Architecture is seeking a bright, energetic, and experienced professional to join our marketing team as Proposal/Marketing Coordinator. Reporting to the Manager, Marketing and Business Development, the successful candidate will be responsible for S2’s responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) – graphic design, writing, strategic input, coordination with other team members, and ensuring excellence in the quality, impact, and delivery of proposals. The successful candidate will also be instrumental in the development and delivery of the social media strategy, management of the content calendar and creation of social media posts on various channels.
This job can be located in Calgary, Edmonton or Vancouver.
- 5 - 10 years in a similar role as well as a Degree or Diploma in Business or Marketing Communications, Graphic Design, or equivalent (strong equivalent skill sets will be considered)
- Passion for social media and proficiency with major social media platforms and social media management tools
- Ability to work within a deadline driven environment
- Previous work experience within an architectural, interior design and/or engineering environment is a definite asset
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage assigned proposal responses following S2’s proposal development process
- Develop, design and write proposals in compliance with client requirements as well as internal branding guidelines
- Write proposal content and provide content editing support
- Provide quality assurance oversight to ensure proposal quality, accuracy, compliance, and completeness
- Manage proposal production, packaging, and delivery to ensure on-time completion/delivery
- Develop and curate engaging content for social media platforms (LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Assist in the creation and editing of written and video content for social media and web
- Review analytics and create reports on key metrics
- Update website content
Knowledge Core Competencies
- Intermediate understanding of different approaches required for each social media channel, and how to modify content to suit each channel
- Intermediate experience with managing a social media calendar, writing, and posting content on various channels
- Intermediate experience with website content management
Technical Core Competencies
- Advanced experience in InDesign and Photoshop
- Highly proficient in the use of MS Office, in particular Word and PowerPoint
- Advanced writing and verbal communication skills
Employee Core Competencies
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to work with others, in person and virtually
- Organization skills
- Team player
- Problem solver
- Possess basic interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrate flexibility and resourcefulness in fulfilling duties and responsibilities
- High level of ethics, professionalism, and commitment to quality
- Overtime may be required
We believe in working together with respect, trust and support for each other.
S2 Architecture is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to the principle and practices of employment equity. We invite all qualified individuals, including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and Aboriginal Peoples to apply for our career opportunities.