Interior Designer - Senior
S2 Architecture is currently seeking an experienced Senior Interior Designer in our Calgary, Edmonton or Vancouver studio.
This position recognizes a very high level and experienced Interior Designer who is directly involved with the Team Lead, Partners and Clients. The senior interior designer is involved with multiple projects within the firm and represents the firm as lead interior designer with the Client as well as the sub-consultants, contractors and public authorities. The senior interior designer role involves programming, design execution and will be responsible for design continuity, advocacy and leadership through all stages of the project.
This senior position is expected to work in collaboration with all project team members and third-party participants. The successful candidate must be able to lead projects under minimal direction of a Team Lead, Project Lead, or Partner-in-Charge and will have overall responsibility for project execution and project design quality control. This individual will coordinate, delegate and lead interior design projects, will maintain design timelines and be responsible for design solutions that are responsive to construction budgets. This individual will be counsel, mentor and support other design team members concerning their work, progress and company policy.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Interior Design from a CIDA accredited University/College
- Minimum 12 years’ experience
- Licensed Interior Designer or currently enrolled in the internship program
- Registered member of IDA/IDC is an asset
- NCIDQ is an asset
- LEED AP is an asset
- Experience in business development/marketing an asset
- Proficiency with graphics software: Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUP and Adobe Design Suite
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective leadership and mentoring skills
- Ability to work together in a team environment
- Ability to manage project resources, costs and schedules
- Strong/independent ability to interface with clients and consultants
- Knowledgeable in local Building Codes
- Space planning and programming
- Create and deliver design presentations to the client, as well as documentation packages for presentations and contract documents
- Assist and mentor junior designers
- Prepare/review documents and drawings for accuracy and design intent
- Assist in the review and preparation of technical specifications
- Additional Responsibilities - Develop and implement design concepts, 3D Modeling, Renderings, Project Research, Materials and Furniture Sourcing, etc.
- Experience in programming, planning principles, materials and furnishings selection
- Experience building, nurturing and fostering client relationships
- Experience with construction administration services