We believe that buildings and interior spaces affect everything in our lives. They influence our mood and our behaviour, and impact our overall wellbeing. Our people are our biggest asset – and it’s about having the right people in place. Are you that person?
Come Shape the World With Us
We believe that work and fun mix well together. Office life shouldn’t be a total grind – after all, if you’re happy, then you’ll be more inspired. When you’re inspired, you’ll be more engaged, motivated and driven.
At S2, you’ll be part of an amazing team of diverse individuals across three studios – Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver. We provide full service architectural, interior design and master planning with an approach of inclusion, respect and collaboration among studios to creating enduring architecture that provides meaningful and moving contributions to the built environment.
Our work spans a broad range of building and project types and the foundation of our success is deeply rooted in the delivery of creative and functional solutions for our clients, our communities and the environment.
If you have a passion for great design, teamwork, superior client service and a little bit of fun, then you may be a great match.
S2 offers the chance to work (and play) in an engaging team environment that supports fine tuning of skill sets and expertise, while being given the opportunity to pursue professional goals. We offer valuable benefits and are committed to providing opportunities, excellent professional and personal benefits.
- Competitive health and dental insurance plan
- Employee life and dependent life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Personal / sick time
- Community involvement
- Learning and development programs
- Flexible work hours / Work from home options
- Continuing education / professional development
- S2 days for time to spend with family
Profit Sharing Program (S2PSP)
The S2PSP is a profit sharing program open to all employees.
Work Hard/Play Hard
Our social committee at S2 is always organizing new events, contests or activities to promote team building. Some past events have included:
- Employee anniversary and milestone celebrations
- Various seasonal holiday contests
- International potluck
- Employee annual golf classic tournament
- Long weekend wine raffle
- Holiday weekend celebration in the mountains
- Oktoberfest beer raffle
- Wellness Challenges
We believe in working together with respect, trust and support for each other.
S2 Architecture is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to the principle and practices of employment equity. We invite all qualified individuals, including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and Aboriginal Peoples to apply for our career opportunities.
Registered Architect or Designer – Intermediate
We are currently seeking an Intermediate Registered Architect or Designer for our Edmonton (or Calgary) studio.
The successful candidate will have experience in planning and all phases of architectural design, have previous Canadian or North American experience in architectural design, and knowledge and practice in a variety of building types and construction methods. This role calls for a critical thinker who is detail oriented, possesses strong creative design skills, and contributes to the design process. This individual will push the boundaries of conventional design with a keen understanding of the needs of the client and end user.
The successful candidate must be able to lead projects with minimal direction from a Partner-in-Charge or senior staff and work directly with clients. This individual will possess strong leadership skills and will be experienced in establishing scope and directing work of architects/designers and technical staff on multiple projects. This position provides support to the senior Project Manager/Project Architect and will contribute to the overall success of the firm.
- Proficiency with graphics software: Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUP and Adobe Design Suite
- Experience in the preparation and coordination of Development Permit Documents
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective leadership and mentoring skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to manage project resources, costs and schedules
Education and Experience
- Degree in Architecture from an accredited University
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Registered Architect or currently enrolled in the internship program
- LEED AP is an asset