Technologist - Senior
We are seeking an experienced Senior Technologist to join our dynamic team in our Edmonton studio.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and practice in a variety of building construction methods and previous Canadian or North American experience in architectural design. This individual will lead teams of technologists in the production of detailed contract documents (for large and/or technically complex projects), including drawings and specifications, within a team environment. The technologist role focuses on building sciences including design, building/construction codes, coordination and integration of building systems (mechanical, electrical and structural), materials and methods of construction.
The individual will provide expertise in the production of high quality construction documentation and technical innovation, and will fulfill a role that is crucial to the overall success of the firm. This senior role provides leadership and direction to team members to develop in-house expertise and efficiencies of our work. Able to manage time and schedules to meet project deadlines. Self-motivated and able to develop a well-coordinated set of contract documents.
- Proficiency in Revit is required
- Advanced knowledge of Building and Energy Codes
- Strong understanding of construction specifications
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective leadership and mentoring skills
- Ability to work together in a team environment
- Ability to manage project resources, costs and schedules
- LEED AP or LEED project experience is an asset
Education and Experience
- Architectural Technology diploma
- Engineering Design and Drafting diploma and/or Autodesk Revit training certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Post-Secondary Diploma from an accredited school or Architectural Technology Program
- Training in architectural technology, building technical design and construction
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the design/architectural/engineering industry