Interior Designer - Advanced Intermediate
S2 Architecture is currently seeking an experienced Advanced Intermediate Interior Designer in our Calgary, Edmonton or Vancouver studio.
The advanced intermediate interior designer is involved with multiple projects within the firm and represents the firm with the Client as well as the sub-consultants, contractors and public authorities. The intermediate interior designer role involves programming, design execution and will be responsible for design continuity, advocacy and leadership through all stages of the project.
The successful candidate must be able to lead projects under minimal direction of a Team lead, Project Lead, Partner-in-Charge or senior staff and will work directly with clients. This individual will possess strong leadership skills and will be experienced in maintaining design timelines and design solutions that are responsive to construction budgets. This position provides support to the senior Project Manager and will contribute to the overall success of the firm.
Education & Experience
- Degree/Diploma in Interior Design from a CIDA accredited University/College or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8 - 10 years’ experience
- Licensed Interior Designer or currently enrolled in the internship program
- Registered member of IDA/IDC is an asset
- NCIDQ is an asset
- LEED AP is an asset
- Experience in business development/marketing an asset
- Proficiency with graphics software: Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUP and Adobe Design Suite
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective leadership and mentoring skills
- Ability to work together in a team environment
- Ability to manage project resources, costs and schedules
- Strong/independent ability to interface with clients and consultants
- Knowledgeable in local Building Codes
- Space planning and programming
- Create and deliver design presentations to the client, as well as documentation packages for presentations and contract documents
- Assist and mentor junior designers
- Prepare/review documents and drawings for accuracy and design intent
- Assist in the review and preparation of technical specifications
- Additional Responsibilities - Develop and implement design concepts, 3D Modeling, Renderings, Project Research, Materials and Furniture Sourcing, etc.
- Experience in programming, planning principles, materials and furnishings selection
- Experience building, nurturing and fostering client relationships
- Experience with construction administration services