S2 Architecture is seeking an experienced Intermediate Technologist to join our dynamic team in our Vancouver studio.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and practice in a variety of building construction methods and previous Canadian or North American experience in architectural design. This individual will work in collaboration with the project team and will prepare detailed construction documentation related to the technical / functional aspects of building design, including drawings and specifications, under direction of senior staff within a team environment. The individual must have a thorough understanding of the processes of conceptualization, design and implementation of buildings as well as the technological aspects of building design from an engineering and construction standpoint.
Education & Experience
- Diploma in Architectural Technology or post-secondary training as an architect or engineer
- Minimum 4-7 years of experience in an architectural studio
- Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD is required
- Advanced knowledge of Building Codes
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective leadership and mentoring skills
- Ability to work together in a team environment
- Ability to manage project resources, costs and schedules
Why Work for S2
S2 Architecture is an established firm with 27 years of design excellence. We are a full service architectural and interior design firm with studios in Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver engaged in inspired and innovative design and planning. Our work spans a broad range of building and project types and the foundation of our success is deeply rooted in the delivery of creative design solutions for our clients, our communities and the environment. Our approach is one of inclusion, respect and collaboration and we strive towards creating enduring architecture that provides meaningful and inspired contributions to the built environment.
At S2 Architecture we recognize that we are only the sum of our parts — we look for talented, inspired individuals who bring energy and passion to our culture along with a collaborative spirit to our work. We aspire to cultivating a fun and creative work environment that encourages creativity, innovation and teamwork.
- A competitive salary
- A comprehensive Benefits Plan
- Unique corporate initiatives including - S2 Days and Employee Profit Sharing Plan
- A fun, creative and enjoyable work environment – company sponsored social events
- Inclusive and vibrant office culture
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth through mentoring and a focus on design
- An inspiring and collaborative studio atmosphere
S2 Architecture is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to the principle and practices of employment equity. We invite all qualified persons, including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and Aboriginal Peoples to apply for our career opportunities.