We believe that buildings and interior spaces affect everything in our lives. They influence our mood and our behaviour, and impact our overall wellbeing. Our people are our biggest asset – and it’s about having the right people in place. Are you that person?
Come Shape the World With Us
We believe that work and fun mix well together. Office life shouldn’t be a total grind – after all, if you’re happy, then you’ll be more inspired. When you’re inspired, you’ll be more engaged, motivated and driven.
At S2, you’ll be part of an amazing team of diverse individuals across three studios – Calgary, Edmonton and Vancouver. We provide full service architectural, interior design and master planning with an approach of inclusion, respect and collaboration among studios to creating enduring architecture that provides meaningful and moving contributions to the built environment.
Our work spans a broad range of building and project types and the foundation of our success is deeply rooted in the delivery of creative and functional solutions for our clients, our communities and the environment.
If you have a passion for great design, teamwork, superior client service and a little bit of fun, then you may be a great match.
S2 offers the chance to work (and play) in an engaging team environment that supports fine tuning of skill sets and expertise, while being given the opportunity to pursue professional goals. We offer valuable benefits and are committed to providing opportunities, excellent professional and personal benefits.
- Competitive health and dental insurance plan
- Employee life and dependent life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Personal / sick time
- Community involvement
- Learning and development programs
- Flexible work hours / Work from home options
- Continuing education / professional development
- S2 days for time to spend with family
Profit Sharing Program (S2PSP)
The S2PSP is a profit sharing program open to all employees.
Work Hard/Play Hard
Our social committee at S2 is always organizing new events, contests or activities to promote team building. Some past events have included:
- Employee anniversary and milestone celebrations
- Various seasonal holiday contests
- International potluck
- Employee annual golf classic tournament
- Long weekend wine raffle
- Holiday weekend celebration in the mountains
- Oktoberfest beer raffle
- Calgary Corporate Challenge (CCC)
We believe in working together with respect, trust and support for each other.
S2 Architecture is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to the principle and practices of employment equity. We invite all qualified individuals, including persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and Aboriginal Peoples to apply for our career opportunities.
Architectural Contract Administrator – Intermediate to Senior
This position recognizes a high level of experience with the construction phase of architecture. Construction Administration positions specialize in bringing the project from the contract documentation stage through the construction phase to complete commissioning and operation of the building, sometimes over a lengthy timeline. This position requires that a person have a working knowledge of the Building Code, industry standards and the ability to interface with clients, architects, designers, engineers, and contractors.
- Related post-secondary education or a combination of direct construction experience and education, may be considered
- Experience in contract administration of construction projects and coordination of multi-disciplinary consulting activities
- Proficiency and understanding of construction and consulting contracts
- Strong working knowledge of project design process, creative detailing, specifications, and overall building systems
- Strong knowledge of Building Codes and regulatory requirements
- Personal vehicle and valid driver’s license
- The physical ability to access construction sites
- Certified Construction Contract Administrator would be an asset
- Membership in a relevant professional association would be an asset
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Revit experience would be an asset
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to modify communication styles to meet the needs of the audience
- Demonstrate flexibility and resourcefulness in fulfilling duties and responsibilities
- Sound judgment, strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- High level of ethics, professionalism, and commitment to quality
- Highly organized with administrative and decision-making skills required to effectively handle ever-changing priorities and project deadlines in a fast paced consulting environment
- Continually focused on personal and professional development
- Perform site reviews to determine compliance with construction contract and relevant building codes
- Prepare reports to document progress and identify deviation from the construction contract
- Liaise with owner and contractor to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Track and review shop drawings, schedules, samples, alternate requests, and project change documents to ensure all project documentation is accurate and complete
- Coordinate, evaluate and process payment certifications
- Lead the Substantial Performance review process, evaluating project completions and processing of final payments
- Coordinate with contractor, sub-consultants or relevant building authorities to address and document field issues and to clarify constructability or owner concerns
- Prepare and coordinate project change documentation, including sketches and drawings or facilitate preparation of sketches and drawings with internal and/or external teams
- Chair progress meetings before, during, and after the project to exchange information and resolve issues or concerns with various key stakeholders
- Prepare and issue meeting minutes and track issues for resolution
- Ensure that all project close out documents are submitted and forwarded to appropriate parties upon completion of the project
- Assist design and technical staff with constructability reviews and provide feedback/mentorship
- Represent the organization and interact in a professional manner with clients, sub-consultants, suppliers, and contractors
- Continually stay educated with current building systems, trends, and building code changes
- Attend regular internal coordination meetings to report on progress and issues related to assigned projects
- Ability to travel to project locations, as required
8+ years of progressive experience within an architectural office setting