Technologist - Intermediate
We are seeking an Intermediate Technologist to join our dynamic team in our Vancouver studio.
The successful candidate will have previous Canadian or North American experience in an architectural firm and is knowledgeable in a variety of building construction methods. The intermediate technologist will assist and/or prepare detailed contract documents, including drawings and specifications, under direction of senior staff within a team environment. The individual must be familiar with the processes of conceptualization, design and implementation of buildings as well as the technological aspects of building design from an engineering and construction standpoint. This individual will work in collaboration with the project team and be able to run small and medium sized projects. The technologist role focuses on building sciences including design, building/construction codes, coordination and integration of building systems (mechanical, electrical and structural) and materials and methods of construction. The individual will provide expertise in the production of high quality construction documentation and will contribute to the overall success of the firm.
Education, Licenses and Certifications
- Architectural Technology diploma
- Engineering Design and Drafting diploma and/or Autodesk Revit training certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Post-Secondary Diploma from an accredited school or Architectural Technology Program
- Training in architectural technology, building technical design and construction
- Minimum of 4 years experience in the design/architectural/engineering industry
- Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD is required
- Advanced knowledge of Building Codes
- Strong organization and time-management skills
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Effective leadership and mentoring skills
- Ability to work together in a team environment
- Ability to manage project resources, costs and schedules